Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute Needs a Teacher
Job Term: Full-Time
Salary: 2.0 to 2.3 million won per month
Hours: Not Specified
Student Age: Not Specified
Qualifications: Bachelors, no work experience necessary
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute welcomes candidates for a full-time instructor positions to teach in FLI’s Adult English Language Program and Kids & Junior Program. The FLI has over 40 years experience in educating university students, business populations, professors, and the public who are interested in learning English for integrative and/or instrumental purposes. FLI seeks instructors who have noteworthy experience and educational background in the field of EFL/ESL.
Job Title: Full-time/ Part-time English Instructors
Start Date: September 1st, 2012
1) Minimum requirements: Native speaker of English with a Bachelor’s Degree in English Language Education, English Literature or related field of study and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience as a full-time instructor in an ESL/EFL program and/or a relevant English Education certification. i.e. TESOL, CELTA, online TESOL, etc.
2) Master’s Degree in related field given preference.
3) Priority given to candidate(s) who have knowledge of language acquisition principles, experience developing and using effective language teaching methods and materials, a keen understanding of Korean English language learners, ability to acclimate to new programs, and ability to collaborate well with fellow colleagues.
Key Working Conditions:
1) Teaching Hours: 24 hours/week (hours range from 18 to 24 hours)
2) Base Salary: 2.0 million – 2.3 million (Starting remuneration decided upon qualifications and teaching experience)
3) Contract Duration: 1 calendar year (renewable based on performance evaluation)
4) One month paid vacation per 1 year contract
5) Overtime Pay: based on program taught
6) Severance pay upon completion of instructorship at FLI (Please note: Severance will not be issued yearly but upon termination of employment. i.e. if an instructor re-contracts for another year, he or she will receive combined severance at the end of two years, when he or she leaves Yonsei FLI.)
7) Medical Insurance, National Pension, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance shared by the Foreign Language Institute
8) Housing Subsidy: Full on-campus housing subsidy or equivalent amount of on-campus housing subsidy for off campus housing.
1) Full scholarship at Yonsei Korean Language Institute
2) E-2 Visa sponsorship
3) Airfare subsidy: 900,000 won (only for the first year) for overseas applicants or airfare for obtaining visa
All applicants are advised to get the required paper work (Criminal Background Check and copy of Diploma affixed with an Apostille) process while applying for this position. For Canadian applicants, the VSS should be accompanied with the Criminal Background Check document.
1) Resume or CV
2) Cover letter (no more than 1 page long) on overall experience and qualification
3) Scanned or photocopied diploma and a copy of transcript
4) Recent photo
5) A copy of passport (photo page)
6) 2 letters of recommendation with contact numbers of references
7) A copy of Alien Registration Card (if applicable)
Copies of Teaching Certificate(s) (if applicable)
(i.e. Teacher’s certificate, TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certificate)
8) If you are hired, you must submit the documents below in order to process your visa application:
(i) a certificate of degree
– Copy of the diploma (verified by the Korean Consulate or Embassy in USA) OR
– Certificate of academic degree issued by the relevant university (must be affixed with an Apostille stamp) OR
– Certificate of graduation (must be affixed with an Apostille stamp)
(ii) Original Federal Criminal Background Check which should be valid for 6 months and affixed with an Apostille (Please note: If you are a U.S. citizen, you need to get a criminal background check from the FBI which should also be valid for 6 months and affixed with an Apostille)
(iii) Original Self-Health Statement for visa application
Send these documents to:
Christine Ko, Program Director
Yonsei University, Foreign Language Institute
New Millennium Building, Rm # B110-2
50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu
Seoul, Korea 120-749
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of receipt.