2013 Faculty Hiring Position – GYEONGJU UNIVERSITY
Job Term: Full-Time
Salary: 2.4 million won per month
Hours: Morning / Afternoon
Student Age: University
Qualifications: Bachelors, no work experience necessary
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Gyeongju University, located in Gyeongju City, has an enrollment of about 5,000 students. Its major emphasis is on fields of study related to tourism; while current recruitment puts more emphasis on international hospitality culinary arts, business administration, and professional English.
Gyeongju City, with a population of about 270,000, is located in the southeastern part of South Korea, about an hour’s drive from the cities of Busan and Daegu and about 30 minutes’ drive from the cities of Pohang and Ulsan.
Gyeongju was the ancient capital of the Silla (Shilla) Kingdom, a 1,000 year empire that unified the Korean peninsula. This historical city, known as “the museum without walls” with its monuments of Silla’s greatness, other objects of artistic and historic interest, and beautiful countryside, is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Korea.
Gyeongju University, Gyeongju City, South Korea, seeks 50 Qualified English Speaking Full-Time Faculty for Academic year 2013 to 2014.
- Contract Period: March 1, 2013 to February 28, 2014, Annual renewal upon evaluation.
- Position: Assistant Professors in the School of General Education for Internationalization, Gyeongju University
- Qualification: Ph.D. degree holders with at least 1 year teaching experience or MA degree holders with over 3 years of university experience
- Basic teaching load: 12 hours per week (Mon. – Fri.)
- Student Contact/Consulting Hours: 4 hours per week
- We encourage volunteerism and community engagement
- Salary: Up to 2,400,000 won, depending on relevant teaching experience
- Overtime Pay (hourly): 30,000 ~ 35,000 won for special programs, 13,000 ~ 14,000 won for regular classes
- Paid Vacation: Minimum 4 weeks` vacation guaranteed during summer and winter breaks (total 8 weeks)
- University will provide either a housing near campus or a 300,000 Korean Won monthly housing allowance
- Shared office with Internet
- Medical Insurance & Pension Program
- One-Way Air Fare Provided at the time of termination of successful contract (Economy Class & 1,000,000 Won maximum)
- University-issued tablet or laptop while employed with the university
- Shuttle bus provided to and from the university
- Opportunities for overseas and domestic travel
- Korean language & cultural classes provided
- Faculty development activities & research opportunities
- KTX High Speed Train discounts
- University health club discounts
- Documents required:
- Summary of Research (M.A. or Ph. D)
- Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae with recent photo, Copies of Degree(s)/ Certificate(s)
- Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
- Copy of passport (picture page) and foreigner registration card (if you have one)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Proof of college/university/public school teaching experience (May be official letters indicating dates employed)
- Certificate of No Criminal Record (ONLY APPLICABLE TO PHILIPPINES)
- Original diplomas and sealed transcripts will be required if you are offered a faculty position to process your E-1 Visa
Due Date for applications: No later than January 11, 2013. (Earlier applications preferred!) Please send your application packet to the office address below. You can also send the electronic copies of your documents (in pdf, word or jpeg files) to the email listed below.
Global Education Center
Taejong-ro 188, Gyeongju, Gyeongbuk
780-712 South Korea
Phone: 82-54-770-4742, 5071, Fax: 82-54-746-5210
Note: Eligible applicants who have submitted copies of required documents will be contacted for an interview. Previous applicants need not apply.